This policy states our internal Arab Air Carriers' Organization (AACO) privacy practices reflecting our commitment to protect the personal data of representatives of our member airlines, partner airlines, industry partners and industry contacts while being exchanged or processed through our websites, mobile applications, or any other AACO communication channel.
Legal basis for holding and processing personal information:
AACO will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so and at all times in compliance with applicable data protection laws. Set out below are the legitimate reasons for which AACO will collect and use your information:
· We only collect the personal information that is necessary to carry out our membership and/ or partnership and contractual obligations towards you and for all other purposes necessary for the provision of AACO membership and partnership benefits.
· You have consented to AACO using your information for a particular purpose.
· To analyse how our users access, navigate and use AACO platforms.
What type of Personal Information we collect:
· We collect data such as name, telephone number, fax number, email address, work address, and professional title;
· We collect personal information for the sole purpose of facilitating your attendance to AACO’s annual general meetings and other forums, meetings and events such as nationality and passport details which are provided by you via the registration forms on our website or by email.
· We also collect personal information in order to facilitate your attendance to our courses conducted by AACO Regional Training Centers. This information is usually provided by you through the Regional Training Centers’ website.
· We track statistical information collected as you navigate through our website such as IP address, browser type, operating system and pages accessed. This is stored purely for analytical purposes, and to better develop our website;
· And such other additional information that will be required in relation with herein declared purpose and use of information.
Who we may share your Personal Information with:
· AACO’s Website Developers for the purpose of using the backend of the website to meet the membership/partnership requirements with you.
· AACO’s relevant staff.
· The hotels in which AACO events are taking place for the sole purpose of facilitating your arrival/departure and stay at the hotels during these events.
· The AGM host airline and/or the events' hosts for the sole purpose of facilitating the procedure of obtaining a visa.
How we handle your Personal Information
AACO is committed to ensure the confidentiality and security of personal information at all times.
AACO has invested in technology security safeguards to protect your personal information from improper use, or unauthorized access.
AACO has established proper organizational and technical security measures to protect personal information that members and partners provide.
By using AACO websites and
mobile applications, you are fully accepting the principles set out in this
information, you are clearly and fully consenting AACO to use
Your Personal Information
AACO will retain your personal
information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it
In a continued effort to meet customer expectations and improve the services offered on its websites and platforms, AACO may use “cookies”.
A “cookie” is a computer file
which is stored on your device. Cookies may collect personal information about
you such as how you navigate our websites and platforms.
Cookies allow us to understand your needs and hence provide better services tailored to meet your expectations.
A cookie may be deployed on your device when you visit AACO websites unless you decide that you do not want this to occur or if you have turned this feature 'off' in your web browser settings. In this event, you should note that this may affect our ability to provide websites and platforms services to you.
AACO is committed to ensure the
protection of your personal information wherever it is located, however, AACO
is not responsible for the privacy practiced by the third-party web sites that
you may access through the links (URLs) imbedded in our websites and or mobile
application. Moreover, no internet-based site can be 100% secure; therefore, we
cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access or hacked
activities that are beyond our control.
AACO Head Office
Anis Nsouli St. Verdun
PO Box: 13-5468
2044 1408 Beirut - Lebanon
Operator Telephone: +961-1- 861297/8/9